- About SSRL
- SSRL News
- User Resources
- Beam Lines
- Science at SSRL
- Staff Resources
- Contact Us
The SSRL Users' Organization (SSRLUO) is broadly concerned with representing the interests of the SSRL users (see Charter). Users elect members to serve on the Users' Executive Committee (UEC) to carry out the business of the SSRLUO. The UEC is the formal organizational unit of the SSRLUO. They host an annual users' meeting which provides a forum for the presentation and discussion of user research and facility developments as well as future plans. Since 2007, the annual users' meeting has been a joint SSRL and LCLS users' conference.
UEC members serve 3-year terms, with the Chair and Vice-Chair elected by the UEC (Chair serves for 1 year; Vice-Chair rotates into the chair position the following year; former Chair serves as ex-officio for 2 additional years). The UEC Chair serve as an ex-officio role on advisory panels such as the SSRL Scientific Advisory Committee (SAC) and the LCLS Users' Executive Committee (LCLS UEC). The Vice Chair co-organizes the annual user's meeting along with the LCLS UEC Vice Chair and scientific staff members appointed by SSRL and LCLS.
The SSRL UEC functions include:
- meeting periodically (schedule) to discuss issues of interest to the user community (notes);
- coordinating users' meetings and workshops to facilitate interactions and training;
- coordinating a poster session to encourage users, particularly students, to share their research results or new techniques, and serving as judges of the Joe Wong Poster Awards;
- promoting, selecting recipients, and presenting the Farrel W. Lytle Award and the Melvin P. Klein Scientific Development Award which recognize important contributions or accomplishments from the user community;
- encouraging user feedback and considering user suggestions;
- coordinating activities with the LCLS UEC and representatives from other national user facilities, including the National User Facility Organization (NUFO), to increase awareness and support for basic sciences and the role of user facilities.
The SSRL UEC welcomes user feedback, and suggestions regarding user concerns that should be addressed by the Executive Committee are always welcome. Please reference the SSRL UEC page for a list of current representatives and contact information.
Stay informed about SSRL news & events: Subscribe to SSRL Headline News by sending an e-mail to with "subscribe ssrl-headlines" in the body.
- Accelerator Performance Developments
- Additive Manufacturing
- Advanced X-ray Spectroscopy at SLAC: From Theory to Experimental Concepts
- CDI at LCLS
- Detectors for Photon Science
- Feature Extraction for LCLS-II
- First Experiments for LCLS-II (with Update/Introduction to Instrumentation)
- Hands-on data analysis workshop for LCLS
- Probing Structure and Chemistry of Surfaces using Hard X-ray Methods
- Room Temperature Serial Crystallography Approaches
- Sample Preparation, Characterization & Delivery: From PSLB to SSRL and LCLS
- Ultrafast Chemistry and Materials Dynamics
- Ultrasensitive Electronic Structure Detection in (Bio)Chemistry and Catalysis
- Workflow Workshop (including Machine Learning Features)